Monday 29 January 2018

Homework/Agenda Items

  1. Read 20 minutes.
  2. Math test on Thursday.
  3. Return signed portfolio.
  4. Jersey Day on Wednesday.

For the past couple of weeks students have been learning about measuring temperature and length. There will be a very short measurement test on Thursday, February 1st. A study guide and practise sample questions will be coming home with them today. 

Here are the learning goals for measuring length by grade:

Grade 3
  • I can estimate and measure length using standard units (mm, cm, m)
  • I can choose an appropriate unit for measuring different lengths, heights, and distances (mm, cm, m, km)
  • I can compare lengths within a problem context Pool A is 6 m long, Pool B is 700 cm long, which pool is longer?
  • I can estimate, read and record temperatures to the nearest degreed Celsius
  • I can identify benchmarks for freezing, cold, cool, warm, hot, and boiling temperatures